Why We Made the Definitive List
Have you ever seen the stock photo remote worker? That one, with his laptop on his shorts-clad knees, sipping a Mai Thai like he's never seen a deadline. No one likes that guy. More often than not, remote management is a juggernaut of meetings, group chat, email and, more meetings. And yes there are 40,000 apps out there promising more time and less work, but how do you know what actually works? Or should you just download everything ever recommended?
Please, don't do that. Instead, take a look at our tested and proven list.
How we made the Definitive List
We did the work for you! Because we love oversharing, let me tell you exactly what we did. In steps.
- Step 1: We realize how difficult it is to protect priorities when we're remote. As we tend to, we talk about the problem and how many lists of apps we've all seen. But really, which ones work?
- Step 2: We go out into the world and collect everyone's advice. By everyone we mean
- The Harvard Business Review
- Coworking Communities
- Our colleagues
- Our cats
- Step 3: We test the giant list we've accumulated. Like this:
- We each use one set of apps in giant list, leaving out "ball of yarn" and "catnip".
- We argue the details of each app over a million cups of tea, coffee, and kombucha, and eventually agree that these 14 are the MVPs!
PS: If our amazing app recommendations seem like they came from interesting people, hit us up! We love meeting others on the Remote train.